FOR IMPROVED HEALTH, AVOID:
1. Processed foods, junk and fast foods.
2. Meat from animals that are neither organic nor have been fed their natural non-genetically
3. Dairy products that are neither organic nor derived from grass-fed cows and free-range chickens.
4. Farmed fish as well as wild fish caught in polluted waters.
5. Sugar; especially in the form of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS).
6. Genetically modified organisms (GMO).
7. Monosodium Glutamate (MSG).
8. Artificial sweeteners in the form of aspartame.
9. Commercial vegetable oils and fats that have been processed, refined and hydrogenated.
10. Municipal water as well as water sold in plastic bottles.
12. Excessive alcohol consumption and use of recreational drugs.
13. Fluoride that is primarily found in municipal water and toothpaste.
14. Electromagnetic Fields (EMF).
15. Environmental pollutants.
It is our responsibility to become informed and empowered consumers who will make better choices and the necessary lifestyle changes. Doing so will leave the powerful agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporations, and giant food companies with two choices; go out of business or start offering natural, health-promoting foods and beverages.
THE BEST DEFENCE IS PREVENTION.
The best approach to good health is preventing the onset of bad health. If you are not yet ill, but have only a general feeling of malaise, some aches and pains, an unexplained weight problem, mental fog, low energy or digestion problems, time is on your side. Preventive action will enable you to reverse that path to one that is instead heath-promoting.
Improved health is not complicated but simple and straightforward. As humans we are meant to consume what Mother Earth provides; nothing added and nothing taken away. Mother Nature did not make mistakes when it created healing and life-promoting foods. The moment we tinker with them, we interfere with the positive properties of these foods. Throughout our life we weaken our ability for good health with an unhealthy diet, a sedentary lifestyle, excessive stress and exposure to too many environmental pollutants. These factors cause the manifestation of degenerative, chronic diseases and what we perceive as the inevitable signs of aging. The good news is that our bodies have the innate ability to heal themselves if given half a chance.
Hippocrates said “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. The best time for food to be thy medicine is when there is still time and take preventative measures today, for a long-lasting healthy life tomorrow.
GOOD HEALTH IS NOT ONLY ABOUT FOOD.
Good health is also dependent on being active, getting adequate sleep, reducing/eliminating the consumption of alcohol and recreational drugs, living in a reduced pollution and electromagnetic radiation environment, getting enough exposure to the healing rays of the sun, learning how to deal with stress through meditation and positive thinking, and being in a loving relationship.
Emotional stress, regardless of whether the cause is real or not, will manifest itself with a long list of symptoms ranging from headaches, insomnia, anxiety and depression, to more serious ones; an increased risk of heart attacks, digestive and reproductive system problems, high blood pressure, and high blood sugar levels.
The prolonged release of stress hormones like cortisol, will also trigger a weakened immune and endocrine system.
Lastly, laughter is said to be the best medicine. Having a good sense of humour and laugh often, will boost your immune system, lower your stress hormones, release your body’s natural feel-good chemicals, and improve your cardiovascular system.